What is Givevia?
Givevia is a service operated by Reward Mark that lets Shoppers browse and choose from a wide range of popular online retailers while automatically generating funds for their favorite nonprofits. There is no cost to the nonprofit or to the Shopper.
How it works: Reward Mark receives commission payments from retailers for purchases initiated on Givevia. In turn, we share a portion of our commission as donations to the nonprofits selected by Shoppers.
In addition, Shoppers gain access to special savings through promotions and discounts for their online shopping through Givevia.
Givevia also provides various social advocacy features to help Shoppers spread the word about nonprofits and the causes they support.
What are the eligibility requirements for nonprofits to participate?
To participate, at all times the nonprofit…
- …must be registered and in good standing with the IRS as a 501(c)(3)
- …must be public charitable organizations and may not be supporting organizations
- …may not be a private foundation
- …must also be located in one of the 50 U.S. states or the District of Columbia.
- …must agree to the Givevia Participation Agreement to maintain eligibility.
- …must have completed registration on org.givevia.com including accurate bank account information to permit the electronic transfer of donations
unless identified specifically as a Type I, Type II, or functionally integrated Type III supporting organization.
How does Givevia work?
- Charitable nonprofit organizations register to be listed on Givevia. There is no cost to the organization. They can invite supporters to do their online shopping using the Givevia service.
- Before selecting a retailer to browse or shop, Shoppers using the Givevia service can search for and select a nonprofit from those listed on Givevia. Shoppers who register for the first time via invitations sent by a registered organization are automatically registered to support the organization who invited them, but the Shoppers may change the charity they are currently impacting at any time.
- When the Shopper selects which retailer to visit, Givevia will display the percentage of the purchase price which Reward Mark will donate to the selected nonprofit after completion of an eligible purchase. This will vary by retailer and sometimes by product category. In some cases, there will be a dollar amount rather than a percentage.
- When the Shopper clicks “Shop Now”, we redirect them to the requested retailer’s website. When the Shopper completes a purchase in the same shopping session, the retailer’s systems will trigger payment that is used to generate the Givevia donation to your nonprofit.
How does my nonprofit register to receive donations from Givevia?
You must be an official representative of a nonprofit organization that meets the eligibility requirements listed in question #2 above. There are just a few steps to register:
- Go to org.givevia.com and select Join
- Complete the fields required including your organization’s
- Full legal name
- Name as you’d like it to appear
- EIN number
- Contact information
- Program Administrator name, phone, and email address
Note: It is preferable that the email address provided for the administrator is associated with your nonprofit. Please note the individual selected as administrator must have the authority to access and manage Givevia program information for your nonprofit organization.
- Description of mission
- Accept the Givevia Participation Agreement on behalf of your organization.
Once you submit your registration information, we will contact you if we have any questions or need additional information. To complete the electronic payment setup process, we will also request your banking information (account and routing number) and a copy of a voided check.
Is there any cost to my nonprofit or to Shoppers?
No. There is no cost to the nonprofits or to Givevia Shoppers. The shopping experience is identical to regular online shopping with the added benefit that Givevia will donate to the nonprofit selected by the Shopper.
Where do you get information about my nonprofit organization?
We use data from GuideStar for your listing on Givevia. We also use information you provide to us at registration, such as your mission statement and logo, to complete your nonprofit organization’s listing on Givevia. You are responsible for the accuracy of information you provide to us. To modify any of the information from GuideStar, update your Nonprofit Profile at www.guidestar.org. Please contact us to request any other changes to your nonprofit’s information listed on Givevia.
How can we change our nonprofit’s account information on Givevia?
The Administrator can change information such as your nonprofit’s
- Designated Program Administrator
- Email address & password
- Contact info including name, address, email
How does my nonprofit receive donations generated from Shopper purchases on Givevia?
Reward Mark makes Givevia Donations to eligible nonprofits on a quarterly basis as follows:
Shopper Purchase Period
Jan 1-Mar 31
Apr 1-June 30
July 1-Sept 30
Oct 1-Dec 31
Donation Payment Date
Donations are made by direct ACH deposit to the nonprofit’s bank account. See the Givevia Participation Agreement for more details.
What percentage of the Shoppers’ purchase price does Reward Mark donate?
The percentage varies by retailer and sometimes product category of purchases. We list the percentage provided for donation on the Givevia retailer landing page before the Shopper clicks “Shop Now” to be redirected to the retailer.
Millions of products are eligible for donation. Some retailers have exclusions which we list on the Givevia landing page for the retailer. The lists of exclusions and percentages for donation can change frequently and without notice. For more information, please see the Givevia Participation Agreement.
What purchases are eligible for donations?
Givevia has hundreds of retailers with millions of products which are eligible for donations. For more information, see Qualifying Purchases in the Givevia Participation Agreement.
What is the minimum amount my nonprofit needs to have accrued from Shopper purchases in order to receive a Givevia donation?
The minimum amount your nonprofit must accrue to receive a quarterly donation is $5.01. If the total donation amount due to your organization, based on the eligible purchases by all Shoppers who selected your charitable organization, is less than $5.01 as of the end of a given Shopper Purchase Period (see #8 above), Reward Mark will hold the funds and add them to the donation amount allocated to your organization in subsequent Purchase Periods. However, if you have an accrued donation that remains below $5.01 for four consecutive quarters, Reward Mark will disburse the accrued donation amount to you in the donation cycle following the fourth quarter, even if the donation amount is less than $5.01. For complete details, see the Givevia Participation Agreement.
Can I view the amount of donations my charitable organization has received?
Login to the Administrator’s account at org.givevia.com and select “Manage My Charity”.
Why didn’t I receive a donation?
If your nonprofit organization is registered and active on Givevia but you did not receive a donation that you expected on the Donation Payment Date (see #8 above), please ensure that…
- …you still meet the qualifications to participate (see #2 above)
- …you have supplied the correct bank account information.
- …the donation was generated within the Shopper Purchase Period (see #8 above)
- …the amount due was at least $5.01 (see #11 above)
If these requirements have been satisfied, please contact us providing detail on the relevant transaction(s).
Please note there may be a reason we have been unable to pay your organization. We will attempt to resolve any open issues to facilitate the payment. Any accumulated funds which we are unable to distribute to your organization after 12 months will be reallocated to other nonprofit organizations.
How do we tell our supporters about Givevia?
After your nonprofit registers, Givevia will provide you with a launch packet that contains assets, templates, and other content ideas for your promotional outreach needs. These assets will link directly to your custom invitation page on Givevia which allows user registration and establishes your nonprofit as the user’s default active charity. (Existing Givevia users can also choose to support your organization using this custom link.)
Nonprofits may promote Givevia as a way to fund and support their organization using email, newsletters, website banners/buttons, social media posts, direct mail, print collateral, and signage in accordance with the “Program Content Guidelines” included in their launch packet. See the Givevia Participation Agreement for more details.
Suggested audiences for outreach include your donors, volunteers, employees, corporate or strategic partners, and any audience that is exposed to your organization. Let everyone know they can support your nonprofit on Givevia!
Will you share my email address or account information?
No. We do not share or sell account information or email addresses in any form.
Will you share information about the amount of money Reward Mark donates to my organization?
We may occasionally publicly disclose the amount of donations to all Givevia nonprofits or particular organizations resulting from the Givevia program or otherwise made by Reward Mark.
Will you share with my nonprofit organization information about the Givevia Shoppers who have selected to support my organization?
Shoppers have the ability to allow or disallow email communications from the nonprofit organizations they support through Givevia. If a Shopper whose purchases generated donations for your organization has elected to allow email communications, you will be able to see their email information through your dashboard at org.givevia.com. Since this data indicates a Givevia user has requested periodic updates and information from your organization through email, you are able and encouraged to add them to a general newsletter/update list in strict accordance with the guidelines of our Givevia Participation Agreement.